Cathie Sheldon, Montana, is our regional expert in this area.
Don Finto was senior pastor of the Belmont Church, Nashville Tennessee, and is the founder of The Caleb Company
- Read Genesis to Esther; then start over in that section. It may take you six months, a year or even three years for this section. It is a long section but at least you will eventually have read it all the way through.
- Read Job to Song of Solomon; then start over. Actually, I usually stay in the Psalms and read Job, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and Song of Solomon alongside them. This will not take a year if you read a chapter daily. Remember you do not have to read a chapter a day out of any section!
- Read Isaiah to Malachi; then start over. This section will not take a year either.
- Read Matthew to Acts; then start over. This will take less than five months. You may want to read this part several times a year. No one is telling you you can’t! It is up to you and God
- Read Romans to Revelation; then start over. This, also, is a short section that can easily be read twice a year.
If at any time you want to change Bibles simply transfer your latest “marks” to the new Bible and pick up there. Since I have been following this plan I have read in the Living Bible, The New King James, the New American Standard and the New International Version.